Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:30:24 -0700
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD writers - recommendations

Dan Langille wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a cd writer?
>
> I'm told SCSI cd-writers are better than IDE under FreeBSD.
> Comments?

	I've got an external SCSI:

HP CD-Writer Plus 9210e

	I've only under FreeBSD, just burning data cds.  I can burn at full
speed (8x) and still use the system at the same time with out
difficulties.  I can burn a full iso image at 8x in under 10 minutes.
No complaints thus far, but I've only ever used it to burn data.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu