Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another tty related patch for review/test

I was concerned about the extra checks by devices that
have control devices. But a quick sample of drivers indicates that
the test for si_tty != NULL catches those. I haven't done an exhaustive
test, but it looks like these changes are functionally equivalent to old
code assuming that si_tty is corrently preset for all these devices, and
NULL for all control devices. (It appears that this is the case.)

You have my ok on it..