Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:35:03 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@messagingdirect.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp - the real point

-On [20010310 01:00], Lyndon Nerenberg (lyndon@messagingdirect.com) wrote:
>Perhaps a first step towards leaning on the vendors for documentation
>is to publically declare our support for those vendors who *do*
>release documentation under reasonable terms. One way to do this
>is to acknowledge those vendors in the hardware section of the
>handbook, and encourage people to support them by buying thier
>products.

That's what Soeren and me did.  HighPoint was very forthcoming with
documentation and as part of that synergy they put the FreeBSD Hardware
logo on their frontpage <http://www.highpoint-tech.com>; and us
mentioning it on our webpages as well as being a primary recommendation
over other vendors back when we got little information out of other
vendors.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai .oUo. asmodai@[wxs.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best