Date:      Thu, 17 May 2007 00:28:37 +0000
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   modular xorg upgrade test done

Hi!

I just finished upgrading a test machine to 7.2. It's running
FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #10: Tue May 15 09:30:33 UTC 2007

First I made sure my ports tree is up to date and updated all ports
to a clean state before starting xorg 7.2 upgrade.

It's been a rough ride as after hours of compile time xorg came out
with a 'fixed font missing' error message. As I was unable to figure
this one out (tried several things), I removed
/usr/local/X11/fonts/*, did a `portupgrade -fk --batch xorg-font\*
font\*' and after that, X started well.

The upgrade path was not that easy but in the end all worked well.

Thanks for your good work!

Volker