Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:12:38 -0400
From:      Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install problem

Hello,

I am new to the list (and to FreeBSD) so please let me know if I am
breaking any rules here...

I am trying to install from FTP, and it takes me through the whole
process without any error messages, but when it is done and I reboot I
get "Read error". I think this is happening before the machine even
reads the boot sector. First I thought this was a hardware problem, but
when I installed DOS on the same machine it booted fine. Also, if I boot
from a floppy but give it boot: "0:wd(0,a)kernel" it works fine. I just
need it to be able to find the kernel on its own and sans the floppy
boot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Roman.