Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:49:05 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need the help on debug the Python VS libpthread..

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:57:32 -0800 (PST), Julian Elischer
<julian@elischer.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> Great, thank guys! I now can install net/straw with optimized on
>> libpthread. I am adding -thread in the CC, so the thread developers can
>> catch here too. :-)
>
> so what was fixed between teh quoted mail below and now?

A workaround (not real fix?) as perky has committed[1]. There's something
wrong with waitpid if it runs as libpthread, since without the workaround
can run fine with libc_r.

[1]
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/python/files/patch-Lib%3a%3adistutils%3a%3aspawn.py

Cheers,