Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:53:33 -0400
From:      "Dave Andrzejewski" <awyeah@apk.net>
To:        "Craig Burgess" <craig-burgess@home.net>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Reboot during make world

Right.  Like I said - some hardware problems only manifest themselves under
really heavy load, like building world.  Compiling apache versus compiling
freebsd is like stepping on an ant versus spearing a whale. (Sorry, I
couldn't think of a better analogy.  Really.)

But you get the idea.  Again, my machine that has had 85+ day uptimes can
compile small things like bind and apache just fine, and I can even build a
kernel.  But when it comes to making world, it just dies.

Dave

 Dave Andrzejewski                       http://awyeah.yourworks.com
 E-Mail: awyeah@apk.net                     http://www.yourworks.com
 AOL/Instant Messager: Seckzy Boi     ICQ: 556410      Whois: DA6239
 awyeah@IRC  -  IRC Operator on DALnet -  /server sodre.dal.net 7000
    Trains stop at a train station. Busses stop at a bus station.
                    What stops at a workstation?