Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 2020 07:17:31 -0400
From:      Adam Jimerson <vendion@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Running tests in ports Makefiles?

--nextPart5356080.mMMZhaHaU6

Hello all,

Hopefully a quick question, is it common place in the ports tree to run tests
for the software being ported in the Makefile or should we just expect/
encourage upstream to do tests for FreeBSD and leave it at that?

I ask because one of the ports that I am maintaining is written in Go, uses
the standard test suite that is built into the Go tool chain which means no
additional dependencies to be able to add this only a slightly longer build
time, currently `make package` takes 27.8 seconds on a system with a 16 CPU
cores and 32 Gb ram.