Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:28:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Antonio Bemfica <antonio@axolotl.ic.gc.ca>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Qing Li <qingli@speakeasy.org>
Subject:   Re: building gnome on 4.4

I have noticed that very often a gnome port will fail due to some syntax
error in a *.po file. I usually end up going down the source tree and
editing the corresponding Makefile by hand to eliminate the broken .po
file from the build.

Wouldn't it be possible to have an environment variable take care of
ignoring the error (similar behaviour to NO_CHECKSUM, for example), or
avoid building the additional languages?

Antonio