Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:01:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        jd1008 <jd1008@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's in my hard drive? How can I get rid of it?

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, jd1008 wrote:

> On 02/17/2015 02:27 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:24:11 -0500, kpneal@pobox.com wrote:
>>> http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html

[snip]

> I believe a major overhaul of the software industry (both open source
> and commercial) is way way overdue. A people's tribunal of highly
> capable software and hardware engineers is desperately needed to look
> into the source codes of all SW and HW designs and implementations -
> including the compilers and assemblers.

That sounds good. But if you read Kevin's link -
http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html, an audit may not turn up
everything that might be happening. Also: such a tribunal would involve
a huge amount of work. I am a working programmer, and I have this quaint
notion that I ought be paid for my work. Who are these 'people' who will
pay for this source code audit? You?

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]