Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 23:01:46 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Socket selection.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> Hello.
>
> In in_pcblookup_hash() function, in the last loop if we find exact
> match, we return immediately, if it is "wild", we store a pointer and
> we countinue looking for exact match.
> I wonder if this is ok, that we change pointer every time we find a
> "wild" match. Is it inteded? Shouldn't it be:
>
>         http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/in_pcb.c.2.patch

No.  This is a stack variable which is unconditionally initialized to
NULL a few lines earlier.  Checking for variable == NULL is always
going to be true and makes your 'optimization' just redundand.

> While I'm here, I want to improve code readability a bit:
>
>         http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/in_pcb.c.3.patch
>
> Is it ok?

No.  You change the logic of the 'if' statements to something totally
different.  This ain't going to work in any way.

--
Andre