Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:29:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <rbmailer-dev@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't cvsup ports?

--- Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> wrote:
> First of all, it is strongly recommened that you use ports-all without
> a refuse file.  It will save you pain if you want to build an INDEX
> later.

Hm.  What's an INDEX?  Some abbreviated lookup mechanism?  Don't see it
in the Handbook.

> Second, and more importantly there is no RELENG_4_9 tag.  It's
> RELEASE_4_9_0 for ports (though you probably don't want a tag at all
> since that will result in an out of date ports collection which contains
> known security problems.)

Ah.  Of course.  That explains why nothing's coming.  Ok.

Question on the current vs. RELEASE_4_9_x, though - I'm still on 4.9 &
don't want to upgrade to 4.10, right now.  If I get current ports, won't
there (possibly) be 4.10 dependencies?  Not sure I want that...

Thanx for the info.
rickb

=====
A mind is not a vessel to be filled,