Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 1997 14:55:47 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        marc@bowtie.nl
Cc:        Nathan Morton <nmorton@mylanders.com>, erich@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: gimp-0.99.10

Marc van Kempen writes:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was just wondering if there was going to be a port
>> out for the newer development version of the gimp?
>>

>I believe they are up to 0.99-12, the current version
>also does not include gtk+ anymore, so you'll need
>a port of that too.

There's actually about three ports there, gtk+, gimp, and gimp-data.
They're available through anon-cvs or ftp.  0.99.12 has Makefile
problems,  (big surprise... how anyone can keep three levels of
pre-processing straight is beyond me anyway)  0.99.13 was just released
today or yesterday...  Unfortunately this is pretty low on my priority
list :(  If anyone wants to take over, it's fine by me...

>Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
>Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
>tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
>fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl

eric.