Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:32:42 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   GEOM and retaste.

--T0VxxuQkR4DcuMht

Hi.

I'm still fighting with 'stop' command for geom_mirror class.
It should works, just like in my other class: turn off the given
geom/provider/device.
But for geom_mirror, I need to open all disks with r1w1e1 perms,
so when I call 'stop' command and I close those disks, they are
retasted and mirror is created once again.
I don't want to touch metadata to mark all disks as inactve, because
after kld module is unloaded and loaded again I want this mirror
to be setup automatically.

Any ideas?

I don't want to introduce any hacks to do it, for example I can create
a list of disks which I'm planing to close and on retaste ignore them
and remove from the list (but probably there could be a race, because
retaste event may be canceled, so there will be a memory leak).

I proposed to not send retaste event to class which made the last close
for provider, but phk disagree with it. So maybe we can do something
in the middle? We can pass a flag for retaste which will tell me, that
I was the one who made the last close?

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl