Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:33:53 -0600
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        whitt38@home.com, "" <whitt38@home.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:newbie wannabe asks "Where's my CD drive?"

On 06/27/2001 2:20:09 PM, "Rod Whittlesey" is quoted as saying:
. . . .|Ok, so, like I get the mfsroot.flp and kern.flp copied onto floppies using a
. . . .|utility program. Now when I boot and go thru the probes, and in Userconfig,
. . . .|there is no CD recognized. I notice that the BIOS on this machine doesn't
. . . .|seem to know about the CD either.
	If the bios does not know about the CD-ROM, do you
have a cd-rom on this computer?
	If you do, it's probably disconnected on the inside.
What I had happen is that the IDE cables to the CD somehow got disconnected.

What you should do is go into the bios, and make it scan for all IDE
devices, and see if it finds the CD-ROM, if not it's probably disconnected
via the IDE cable or the power-cable.

. . . .|
. . . .|I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that either I need to go the 200+
. . . .|floppies root, yeah right, or need to upgrade or try another  machine.
	You can try an ftp install.

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org