Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 2009 21:30:04 GMT
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/135484: port lang/python and python26 build failed

The following reply was made to PR ports/135484; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, ohauer@gmx.de
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:25:04 +0200

 hmm, I tried the build a view times after reporting and always it doesn't
 build the package in lang/python (with or without this line
 #PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERSION?= python2.6 in etc/make.conf)

 Test case was always to deinstall all ports that use python and make
 sure there is nothing left like /usr/local/lib/python*.
 Then delete directories lang/python lang/python2(5|6) remove the line in
 ports/.portsnap.INDEX fetch and update.

 I don't know what happened but port python26 could build at a given time
 where lang/python does noting except extract with the following command
 $> make package DEPENDS_TARGET=package clean

 One thing I remember a day after report the port lang/python tried to build
 python25 instead python26.

 It even hasn't work after removing this lines in make.conf
  WRKDIRPREFIX?=  /build/work
  DISTDIR?=       /data/distfiles
  PACKAGES?=      /data/packages

 After your feedback I tried today building package with both ports and
 it works as expected for both.

 A side note: most of the ports use
  PKGNAMEPREFIX=  ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}
 except the following they use
  PKGNAMEPREFIX= py-

 py-libmpdclient-0.10.0
 py-MySQL-1.4
 py-SQLDict-1.0.0
 py-Ice-3.3.1
 py-kqueue-1.4_2
 py-subversion-1.6.3
 py-tconfpy-2.112
 py-thrift-20070917
 py-gnuplot-1.8
 py-mp-random-1.0_4
 py-punjab-0.12
 py-HyperText-1.0.1
 py-gnome-1.4.4_9
 py-gtk-0.6.11_6
 py-gtkscintilla-0.8.2_6

 Maybe it is a good idea to make this consistent?

 For me the port is working now, please close the PR

 Regards,
 olli