Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 95 15:09:03 -0500
From:      crtb@helix.nih.gov (Chuck Bacon)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SB16-SCSI

Has anyone gotten the SCSI controller on the SoundBlaster 16-SCSI
board working?  The docs say it's the same as the 1542, except
the addresses are 0x340-0x140 rather than 0x330-???.

I rebuilt a kernel with the SB's SCSI address at 0x340, and the
probe thought it wasn't there.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to disable that same SCSI
controller so that my real Adaptec 1542C will work?  If I put
both boards in, nothing works.

If I'm going to get the SB in, I need a slot.  I had hoped to
replace the real 1542C with the SB.  Help!

	Chuck Bacon -- crtb@helix.nih.gov