Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2017 13:39:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      DTD <doug@safeport.com>
To:        "Jack L." <xxjack12xx@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg missing dependency question

converted to bottom post

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017, Jack L. wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 12:52 AM, DTD <doug@safeport.com> wrote:
>> I had a lot of issues with firefox. It turns out that in the current setup I
>> could have just updated the offending package without breaking anything
>> else. I had no confidence in this until I did a from scratch install doing
>> xorg, xdm, firefox and xfce. Done in that order it all works. Since I had
>> nothing invested in the new system I installed libreoffice, gimp and chrome
>> next.
>>
>> Both libreoffice and gimp warn that they will replace some packages and
>> update others. I think firefox should add this to their package. Since all
>> this worked I decided to install libreoffice and gimp on my workstation. The
>> libreoffice install deleted thunderbird and updated firefox, replaced a few
>> packages and updated others. It worked so I installed gimp with similar
>> results. It too worked. At the end of this firefox gave my original sqlite3
>> error. Updating sqlite3 fixed this. Chrome did not work but re-installing
>> fixed that.
>>
>> All that history to explain what I do not understand. In installing chrome I
>> got errors about missing dependencies but it works. Running 'pkg check' on
>> the updated system gives:
>>
>> artemis:/home/doug# pkg check -d  -a
>> Checking all packages: 100%
>> firefox has a missing dependency: libGL
>> libva has a missing dependency: libGL
>> tigervnc has a missing dependency: libGL
>> webkit2-gtk3 has a missing dependency: libGL
>> webkit2-gtk3 has a missing dependency: libEGL
>> webkit2-gtk3 is missing a required shared library: libwebp.so.6
>> xdriinfo has a missing dependency: libGL
>> xorg-server has a missing dependency: libGL
>> xorg-server has a missing dependency: gbm

>> pkg: No packages available to install matching 'libGL' have been found in
>> the repositories

>> libGL dependency failed to be fixed
>> libEGL dependency failed to be fixed
>> gbm dependency failed to be fixed

>> On the from scratch system 'pkg check' shows no errors. Doing
>> 'pkg info -x libGL' on both systems gives:
>>
>> libGLU-9.0.0_3
>> libglade2-2.6.4_8
>> libgltf-0.0.2_6
>>
>> On the updated system everything works except gnumeric (I have not
>> re-installed) and a note-pad program (xpad) does not highlight selected
>> text. That is the same on both systems.
>>
>> What and how should I fix things manually?
>
> There's a note in /usr/ports/UPDATING about how to fix this. Search
> for mesa-libs and you should be able to find it.

Thank you. You are exactly correct. 20140416 AFFECTS ... graphics/libGL ...

Difference on the clear and update system are: xorg-server, 1.18.4_1,1 verses
1.18.4,1. The dependency diffs are

      clean system                updated system
      mesa-libs-17.1.4            gbm-13.0.6
      mesa-dri-17.1.4             dri-13.0.6,2

as both systems function exactly the same, I am going to leave it be. Looking in
/usr/ports/UPDATING was lost on me.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com