Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:23:36 +0800 (HKT)
From:      "Richard Neal G. Plana" <richip@mozcom.com>
To:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reset - trying harder but failing

Hi.

I recently got this Intel R440LX motherboard which sports an AIC7880 SCSI
interface (AIC 7880 Ultra/Ultra W BIOS 1.26sP7). Everytime I try to boot a
kernel compiled with these drivers (driver vers. 4.x and 5.1), I get the
ff. kernel errs:

scsi: aborting due to timeout: pid 9 scsi 0 channel 0, id 6, lun 0 0x12 00 00 00 00 ff 00
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 9) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
SCSI host 0 channel 0 reset (pid 9) timed out - trying harder
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.

(The previous four lines are repeated over and over again)

I have two 9GB Seagate harddisks on id 3 and 4.

NOTE: I use the kernel along with the RedHat 5.1 bootdisk which uses
initrd. I originally thought that something in the root image might be
passing options to the kernel module, but I compiled in the driver
"statically" in the kernel and it still gave me the same errors.

L   L Richi Plana 8^)         ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator  / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:richip@mozcom.com     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'