Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:41:33 -0500
From:      Richard J Kuhns <rjk@watson.grauel.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   bin/941: problem with pkg_create under 2.1-RELEASE

>Number:         941
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       pkg_create removes current directory if interupted
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
PO Box 6249
100 Sawmill Road
Lafayette, IN  47903
(317)477-6000 x319
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE i386
>Environment:

A 2.1-RELEASE system updated from 2.0.5.

Interupting pkg_create while it was creating the tarball apparently
removed the current directory.

I used the following script to run pkg_create:
===
#!/usr/local/bin/bash

BUILDDATE=`date +%m%d%Y`

rm -f /u/store/BUILD
echo $BUILDDATE > /u/store/BUILD

pkg_create -v -f +CONTENTS -c +COMMENT -d +DESC -i +INSTALL -r +REQUIRE StoreSys

exit 0
===
I hit control-c when I saw the error message from tar (see below); I
*didn't* wait for the command to finish.
==========transcript
: watson$~; cd Storesys/
: watson$~/Storesys; ./build_store_pkg
Creating package StoreSys
Creating gzip'd tar ball in '/home/rjk/Storesys/StoreSys.tgz'
tar: can't add file bin/servout : No such file or directory ***^C***
tar command failed with code 2
: watson$~/Storesys; ls -CF
ls: .: No such file or directory
: watson$~/Storesys; cd ..
: watson$~; cd -
bash: -: No such file or directory
: watson$~;
>How-To-Repeat:

See the short files included with the description above...
I tried a second time, after restoring from a backup; it's repeatable.

>Fix:

???