Date:        Sun, 3 Dec 2000 01:08:09 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
Cc:        mpd6334@cs.rit.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix vs. Sendmail

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 12:07:30PM -0600, Christopher Farley wrote:

> I think that mailwrapper exists for one purpose: so that you don't
> need to modify anything in /usr, and so that Postfix/qmail/whatever
> can go in /usr/local. If this is the case, it sounds like a good
> idea, but it is a shame that only FreeBSD implements it, and it is
> not mentioned in any standard UNIX documentation, the Handbook,
> the Complete FreeBSD, etc.

That is pretty much the idea, but the other *BSDs also seem to have it
so FreeBSD is not exactly the only system that has it.
Mentioning somewhere that it exists probably is a good idea but if you
install stuff vis the prots mechanism the Makefile there should handle
things correctly. Both the qmail and postfix ports appear to be aware of
mailwrapper.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson