Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 21:38:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Intuitive Design Archive <archive@in-design.com>
To:        Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
Subject:   Re: IRC server operation...

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi!
>
> At last, and thanks to the kind help of Tim Vanderhoek, I have ircd
> version 2.9.1p16 running on my FreeBSD 2.1.5 box. Now, I have a couple of
> questions about server functions (I am an IRC newbie... if there is a more
> appropiate list for these questions, please let me know).
>
> 1. My users want to create channels which are kept alive by the server
>    indefinitely. They say that ussualy this is accomplished by giving a
>    channel a "+f" mode or something like that, but with this server it
>    does not work. Any ideas?

Although I am not a guru on the subject, I have been on irc for quite a
while. I have never heard of a plus f option to channels, unless they are
local server channels, which I don't know much about.  This is why bots
were originally thought of and implemented.

> 2. When an operator kicks out a user, that user is automatically un-kicked
>    by the server, unless a ban is applied also. What can I do to fix this?

When a person ids kicked of a channel, he is not kicked permanently.
This is also normal.  Only a ban will keep a user out of the cannel, or
perhaps a /kill but you don't want users have that ability.

						Intuitive Design Archive
						http://www.in-design.com
						archive@in-design.com