Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:12:15
From:      "jack handy" <mat_branyon@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sound support/root directory

i know you probably get the sound support problem a lot, and i suggest that
wiht the growing number of ppl using FreeBSD as a desktop os, that an option
should be put in setup to configure sound devices... i understand that for
commercial use that sound other than pc speaker isnt necessary.  i have an
integrated soundcard (ess) and could not configure it, the parameters on the
website didnt seem to be working, or maybe im not compiling my kernel right,
or maybe its a program dysfuction (i try to use xmms).
also, after i try to compile a kernel about 8 times, my root directory ( / )
registers at 108% capacity.  im probably doing something wrong, please if
anything, tell me how to fix this last problem

~thank you
~mat

       (_)
       o0