Date:      Tue, 23 May 2006 10:36:29 +0400
From:      "Yuriy Tsibizov" <Yuriy.Tsibizov@gfk.ru>
To:        "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Call for testing: emu10kx driver for Creative sound cards

> > This driver can replace emu10k1 driver. Older version of this
> > driver was available from ports (audio/emu10kx).
>=20
> [snipped for brevity ]
>=20
> Talk about uncanny timing!  I've been thinking of replacing my
> soundcard for a while now.  This looks pretty exciting, especially the
> MIDI support.
"evennewermidi" patch needs someone to take care about it - it was not =
updated for two years!

>=20
> Which of the Creative cards would you recommend as "best"? =20
> I'd love to
> try this!
I'm not shure what you can find in your local shops... "Audigy 4 Pro" =
(SB0380), "Audigy 2 Value"
(SB0400) and "Audigy 4" (SB0610) should be possible to find new.=20

You may have to ask salesperson let you look at sound card chipset - it =
should start with "CA"=20
and should not end on "-DAT".

X-Fi series seems to use another DSP, they will not work.

Yuriy.