Date:      15 Nov 1995 12:54:47 +0800
From:      peter@haywire.dialix.com (Peter Wemm)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sup! It's killing us! Please help!

julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer) writes:
[...]
>> That's really it!  Especially desirable would be any sites in Europe,
>> Japan or Australia, where sup services are especially thin.

>hmmm peter, I meant to set jhome up for this but never got it going..
>what's your bandwidth like?

Within Perth, 28.8K.  I can probably organise 128K but not on jhome.
Unfortunately it'd be practically useless outside of Perth. :-(  The WA
to "rest of australia" 2Megabit link (run by Telstra Internet Service,
was AARNet) is running at about 60% packet loss, bringing the
effecitive throughput down in the order of equvalent to a miserable
9600 baud.. :-( (ie: over 1KB/sec is a bonus).

Sigh.

-Peter