Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:34:48 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Jonathan Towne <jontow@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NEWCARD quick update

In message <20000820212227.A9717@minix.cx> Jonathan Towne writes:
: Wait, will the sn driver now work .. alongside sio for multifunction
: cards?  (When re-stabilized and finished being ported, of course?)

The sn driver is for a few Megahertz pcmcia cards made a long time
ago.  I don't think there are more than 10 in the whole world deployed
at this time.  None of them have a builtin modem, afaik.  The
multi-function cards should be much better supported, assuming that I
didn't do stupid things to the NEWCARD code in porting it (and I can
think of a couple of places I might have done just that, but they are
on my list to test).

sn works today in OLDCARD and should work in NEWCARD soon w/o breaking
oldcard support.  I'm trying to not have another massive flag day for
OLDCARD drivers like we had 3.x -> 4.0 (which was extremely hard to
avoid given the nature of the changes to the config system).

Warner