Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 1998 15:30:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   sh MAKEDEV sd0 does not make slices

I did a make world after a CVSup, and knew to change my /etc/fstab.
However, there was no slice for my disk (should be /dev/sd0s1a). I did a:
# sh MAKEDEV all

and it made sd0s1, but no sd0s1a, sd0s1b, etc., etc.

I did a
# sh MAKEDEV sd0s1a

and it made everything, but I think that should be done automatically by
either MAKEDEV sd0 or MAKEDEV all.

These instructions should also be placed on the Errata page, since it does
not mention the possibility of the correct slice not existing.

Kevin