Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 11:08:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        mmead@Glock.COM (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPRY Safety Server for BSDI

>     I'm wanting to purchase and run the SPRY Safety Web Server for BSDI, but
> under FreeBSD.  However, when I attempt to run it, I get a seg fault each time.
> Here's a ktrace output:
> root@Glock % kdump
>  10248 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
>  10248 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xefbfd89f,0xefbfd818,0xefbfd828)
>  10248 ktrace   NAMI  "./httpd"
>  10248 httpd    RET   execve 0
>  10248 httpd    PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
>
> Here's what file httpd outputs:
> root@Glock % file httpd
> httpd: BSD/386 demand paged (first page unmapped) pure ex

What exact version of FreeBSD are you running?

Are you running the latest commits for the 2.0 compatability from -current?

If you aren't, the problem is most likely that the environment is being
referenced in the exec for duplication of the envirnment of the exec
caller for the replacement process.

The recent patches address the issue of the BSDI 2.x environment relocation
changes that make BSDI 1.x and 2.x incompatible.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.