Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:04:26 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lpd(8): remote printing and input/output filters

At 1:43 PM -0600 8/18/01, Chris Fedde wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Aug 2001,  Victor Sudakov wrote:
>  +------------------
>  | Can you tell for sure if the "if" and "of" filters should
>  | work for a remote printer? For example, ...
>  +------------------
>
>I'd love to be proven wrong, but I've found that that does not
>work.  It seems that the connection to the remote is made
>without the file going through the filter.

It works for me.  It should work, if you get all the information
right and have the files (such as the filter) permitted right.
It's a little tricky to debug if you have something wrong, but
in a general sense it should work.

Do you get an error, do your files disappear completely, or do
they print fine but print as if they were never sent thru the
filter?