Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2002 11:25:18 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        "brj" <brj@vzletka.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Raid problem.

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:52:53 +0800
"brj" <brj@vzletka.net> wrote:

> My company bayed new rack-mount server Aquarius GS-SR101 based
> on Gigabyte motherboard GA-6VTXDR (raid chipset PROMISE
> PDC20265R ).
>
> Begin setup 4.6 from CD.
>
> I have after probing hardware this message on debug console:
>
> ad4: read command time out tag=0 serv=0
> ata2: reset
> ad4: removed from configuration
> ad4: deleted ar0 disc0
>
> ad6: read command time out tag=0 serv=0
> ata3: reset
> ad6: removed from configuration
> ad6: deleted ar0 disc1
>
> ar0: array is broken.
>
> Any ideas? Raid is fullyfunctionaly (2 disck mirror 1:1).
> Prefect work in freebsd 4.5-release.
>
> Waiting for any answer.

I don't know if this is the problem, but there was some ata driver
breakage (seems to me tagged queueing might have had something to
do with it, or maybe it was RAID-related) in 4.6-RELEASE.  The
release notes should say something about it.

Meanwhile, you might try reinstalling 4.5-RELEASE, then cvsupping
to 4.6-STABLE to see if that works.

Jud