Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 14:55:42 -0600
From:      Dave Glowacki <dglo@SSEC.WISC.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK 1.1 on 2.2.5

I've got JDK 1.1 on my 2.2.5 system and it works well for non-AWT programs
but as soon as I try to use any AWT-releated methods, I get:

	java.lang.NullPointerException
		at sun.awt.motif.MFramePeer.<init>(MFramePeer.java:59)
		at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.createFrame(MToolkit.java:153)
		at java.awt.Frame.addNotify(Frame.java)
		at java.awt.Window.show(Window.java)

I'm pretty sure this is not a shared library problem, because 'ktrace' shows
libXm being mapped, and because a simple program using java.util.zip.ZipFile
succeeds in dumping the zip file's table of contents.

Anybody have any idea what's wrong?