Date:      Sat,  4 Mar 1995 21:15:57 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: backspace now broken (proposal)

In message <199503041717.JAA01010@corbin.Root.COM> David Greenman
    writes:

>>Grey Delete (near Insert and such) -> ESC [ K
>>Few words about Grey Delete: many years of PC tradition DOS/Windows/OS-2/etc.

>   This would really confuse people. It would especially mess up my own use of
>the key. It needs to stay 'delete'.

I remember from your prev message (correct me if it isn't right) that you have
Delete key above Backspace key. I mean _another_ Delete, under Insert key.
Did them produce different keycodes for you or just the same?

BTW, yet one argument for Backspace==^H: all modems require ^H
to edit command line, some of them have it like programmable char,
but some of them not, so 0x7F becomes real pain for all dialout users.
--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -