Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 12:51:32 +0900
From:      Hideki Yamamoto <hyama@kansai.oki.co.jp>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAT32 support in -stable?

Hi,

>>>>> On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:30:00 -0700, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> said:

jkh> What happened to the folks who were working on this?  I'm still
jkh> waiting for a definitive set of patches and, at this rate, the feature
jkh> will NOT make it into 2.2.7 unless somebody makes some serious effort
jkh> to get things ready to go very very soon!

I have just sent msdosfs modules for both -stable and -current to you.
If you received it correctly, please let me know.

I have changed macro identifiers from FBSDCUR to __FreeBSD_version in
my porting code.  After changing, I checked code for -stable on my
FreeBSD-2.2.5 machine.  In order to check code for -current by using
diff command between -current branch and my code, I made a tiny tool
named "back-cur" that removes lines added for -stable support.
( back-cur removes lines between "#if{n}def __FreeBSD_version" and "#endif"
)

The difference between back-cur'ed code and -current branch is
code for PC98.  I do not know what to do to PC98 code.
Does  -current branch basically support PC98?

I think this code can be compiled for *both* 2.2-stable and 3.0-current.

I hope you will merge this work effortlessly.

Sincerely,

Hideki Yamamoto (hyama@acm.org)