Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:56:50 +0100 (CET)
From:      Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Subject:   Re: kernel panic with i4b-0.83 and ppp (rawchannel) under 3.3-RE

On 09-Nov-99 Brian Somers wrote:
>> Michael Ranner writes:
>> [snip info about a kernel panic]
>> >Does anybody experienced similar?
>> >

>> This is the first report I've seen about kernel panics.
>>
>> >I have not found something strange in messages, isdnd.log or isdntrace.
>> >

>> Try to get a kernel dump. Nothing else will be of any use to debug this
>> sort of thing. Read the handbook section about kernel debugging.
>
> I'm seeing similar things, although I've got uptimes of up to a week
> without a crash.

My kernel panics are caused from a bug in the ASN.1 parser for AOCD messages.
AOCD messages in currency format take the parser in an recursive loop.

cu

/\/\ichael Ranner - Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
Michael.Ranner@netway.at - webmaster@mariazell.org
        Homepage: http://www.netlounge.at/mranner/