Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:52:09 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Kenneth Merry <ken@gt.ed.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with my Wincast, fxtv

Hi,

the next thing to check is the band selection.  one major difference
between the tuners is one of the i2c parts inside it.  I believe you've
made a patch to deal with misprobed tuner, so you need to verify which
values ACTUALLY got selected for the band switch.  after the probe finishes
printout bktr->card.tuner AND the address of the tuner you think you selected
(one entry in tuners[]), presummably &tuners[4]:

/* indexes into tuners[] */
#define NO_TUNER		0
#define TEMIC_NTSC		1
#define TEMIC_PAL		2
#define TEMIC_SECAM		3
#define PHILIPS_NTSC		4
#define PHILIPS_PAL		5
#define PHILIPS_SECAM		6

they should be the same, it not figure out why.

then try switching its entry for bandswitch selectors.  the philips (#4)
currently has:
	   { 0xa0, 0x90, 0x30 } },		/* the band-switch values */
try replacing it with:
	   { 0x02, 0x04, 0x01 } },		/* the band-switch values */

all this falls apart if I miguessed your choice of #4 as the desired entry.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by