Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 15:47:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OpenSSH and Krb5, FreeBSD style...

O.k., after banging my head against the wall with Heimdal and MIT
libs fighting over each other, I cam across this closed PR:

Which seems to indicate that the branch of OpenSSH that FreeBSD uses now
(as of March 6th) has support for Krb5 Authentication on both the server
and client ends workng with the integrated Heimdal libs.  Is this true?

If so, is there a web site (or man pages) describing what config variables
etc. are needed to set this up?  I can't find it in the example ssh_config
and sshd_config.

Also, is there a man page (or web site) which describes how to get up Krb5
using the integrated Heimdal package? (I have previously used only MIT Krb5
from ports), All the Kerberos stuff I have seen on the 4.3-STABLE system so
far is all Krb4 (Project Athena, etc) and no Krb5 binaries (kinit, kadmin,
ksu, etc.) although the libkrb5* libraries are in /usr/lib/

And ideas, suggestions where to look?

Thanks - Peter Losher
--
Peter.Losher@nominum.com - [ Systems Admin. | Nominum, Inc. ]