Date:      06 Jul 2002 16:59:51 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        dima@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   acroread4 error: Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

--=-FJ9ohJ3Vs3tw2EHJSAhx

Can someone tell me the status of acroread4 is, please?

This is a problem I raised some time ago, without resolution, and from
the traffic I've seen in the archives., no-ones actually mentioned a fix
anywhere.

Here what I see when attempting to run acroread4 from the command line:
 ~ $ acroread4
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Fatal System Error: Raise at top of Exception Stack
Abort trap (core dumped)
~ $

Here's the uname information on this system:
~ $ uname -a
FreeBSD <snip> 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Sun Jun 30 18:13:05 BST
2002     <snip>:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<snip>  i386
~ $=20

What does the above error mean?
Is there a documented fix for this?
Does this port actually work?

Thanks to anyone that might respond.

Stacey
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-FJ9ohJ3Vs3tw2EHJSAhx

--=-FJ9ohJ3Vs3tw2EHJSAhx--