Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:09:09 +0200
From:      "Ke Chen" <iw01_cke@it.kth.se>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>, "Lars Eggert" <larse@ISI.EDU>, "Brooks Davis" <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: about gif interface!

hi,
  thank all of you for such quick reply.
  I am sorry for not addressing matters clearly.
  In face, I want to do tests on Ethernet over IP. That means one end of
tunnel could encapsulate the whole Ethernet frame into the IP packet. when
the datagrams reach on the other side, the Ethernet frame could be freed
out.
  I read from the following article about a easy way to implement it with
OpenBSD. So i think it is reasonable to use it with freeBSD.
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jon/papers/tunneling/

Another way to implement Ethernet over IP is to use vtun, a specially
desgined software.
http://vtun.sourceforge.net
I really appreciated someone could offer some experience on it.

thank you again.

best regards,
kurt