Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:48:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tiff upgrade to 3.4?

Satoshi Asami wrote:

> graphics/ImageMagick
> graphics/gimp
> graphics/gimp-devel
> graphics/mpegedit
> graphics/netpbm
> graphics/tgif
> graphics/xpaint
> graphics/xv
> japanese/tgif
> print/apsfilter
>
> Can people build the tiff34 port (in ports/graphics, don't forget to
> remove BROKEN seat belt) and test these?  You will need to rebuild
> tiff and then rebuild the applications.
>
> Some of them require patches, and Thomas will send those to this list.

ImageMagick works with tiff-3.4 without change, it requires only a
patch to LIB_DEPENDS. xv already has provisions for tiff-3.4, just
activate xv-3.10a.TIFF.patch which is already in the Makefile and
adjust the LIB_DEPENDS. I have the patches at home, and won't have
them here before monday.

The inclusion of ghostscript as depending on tiff was my fault, just
ignore it.

tg