Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:13:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Skrab <bgs@pinky.us.net>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FBSD 4.4-RC && Linux JDK 1.3.1 && JNI ???

Hello,

	I've just dipped my big toe into the dark and mysterious pool of the
	Java Native Interface.  I've implemented a simple HelloWorld style
	application with a native C implementation of the print method, and
	have managed to get to the final step of running the class only to
	receive the following error:

	jnitest.so: /usr/home/bgs/bin/libjnitest.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid.
        	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1382)
        	at JNITest.<clinit>(JNITest.java:5)

	I am using the Linux JDK 1.3.1 port and am unsure about where to go
	from here.  Is there something special that I must do when compiling
	the native code to make it properly executable?  I've seen brandelf
	mentioned in a few archives that I've searched in, but have tried
	using it with no success.

	Anyone know the secret incantations to make JNI work with a Linux
	JDK?  Any pointers, tips, or *examples* are very much appreciated.

	Thank you,

	~brian skrab
	 bgs@pinky.us.net