Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:42:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@nickelkid.com>
To:        Joey Garcia <bear@unix.homeip.net>
Cc:        "Gudknecht, Joel" <Joel.Gudknecht@Honeywell.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KVM recomendations needed

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Joey Garcia wrote:

> Okay, I'll take a look into those Brands.  Do you recomend any particular
> model?  Right now I'm only looking for about 4 ports.  This is mainly to
> control my PC Troubleshooting/Testing station at work.  Also, I'd like to
> pick up one for home use.  There I'd like to control my FreeBSD
> workstations.

Cybex and Apex recently merged to become Avocent, and their Outlook series
of KVM switches is outstanding. One nice feature: the PS/2 connectors on
the KVM cables actually *lock* into the receptacles on the switch. The GUI
for switching between computers is excellent (and, most importantly, the
GUI doesn't require an active video signal from a computer to work).

Cheers,
Mick