Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 21:15:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@schizo.cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ENOSPC while plenty of space?

OK, this is a stumper for me.

I have an NFS mounted File System that has about 88GB of disk.

I have mounted it with version 3 NFS.

For reasons known only to anybody but me, some programs can no longer right to
the disk, an open() returns an error, and errno is set to ENOSPC (28).

However, there's 30GB free, and plenty of inodes.

I can't even remove a file, it returns ENOSPC, but, I can run iozone on the FS
and it will happily create a 5GB file no problem.

Is there a limit to the siz of NFS FS's?  Even so, 55GB used seems weird.  The
free space is around 32GB's, which seems a trifle odd, but that may have no relevance.

Any tips muchly appreciated, I'm stymied.