Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:24:56 +0300
From:      Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey@gmail.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Broken U-Boot packages?

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else had success building images with the U-Boot *packages*?
>
> I=E2=80=99m updating Crochet to use U-Boot from ports/packages for RPI an=
d Beaglebone, but I get non-bootable images (generally with U-boot failing =
to identify the disk partitioning) when I use the package.  Here=E2=80=99s =
what I=E2=80=99ve tried so far:

>  * RPi built with U-Boot from package - non-bootable
>  * RPi built with U-Boot port compiled locally - works
>  * Beaglebone Black with U-Boot from package - non-bootable
>
> Today I hope to try booting an old white Beaglebone and building the u-bo=
ot-beaglebone port locally to see if that follows the pattern.

> For the record, my ports tree is up-to-date and I=E2=80=99m installing th=
e packages onto a recent FreeBSD-CURRENT amd64 VM via:

> $ pkg install sysutils/u-boot-rpi

I'm use for Beaglebone Black this patch's gvnn3 (6c0d681 and b4d7aba)
https://github.com/gvnn3/crochet-freebsd/commits/