Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 02:30:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Fast forward" bug and newpcm (again)

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Seigo Tanimura wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:41:20 -0500,
>   Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net> said:
>
> Donn> Now, the question is, do I use the Sound Blaster bridge driver
> Donn> for the ESS 1868?  And, is my ordering wrong?
>
> sbc driver does not probe ESS1868 at this moment.

Question:  will the ESS 1868 bridge driver be incorporated into the sbc
driver, or should we devise a whole new bridge driver for the ess?  I.e.,
we would have:

device          ess0  # ESS bridge driver

if we write a separate ess bridge driver.

I'll look over some of the bridge driver source code to see what needs to
be done.  Hopefully, I can help out in some way.

- Donn