Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:32:50 -0400
From:      Todd Stephens <tbstep@tampabay.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to get CUPS to work (newbie)

I have CUPS installed on my 4.8 system.  I cannot seem to configure it,
though.  I have tried the web interface at localhost:631, but it seems
that the cupsd.conf file was not created.  Well, then I tried to create
this using the print server configuration in KDE and I keep getting
permission denied errors when I try to write the cupsd.conf file
(running this as root, btw).

Basically I am looking for a tutorial somewhere to get CUPS up and
running on FreeBSD.  Actually, I do have it running, I just can't
configure it or add any printers.  Not much use without printers :)

I checked on freebsddiary.org, and the CUPS page there doesn't cover the
configuration of the server itself it seems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Todd Stephens