Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 1995 01:16:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        rcarter@geli.com (Russell L. Carter)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: current kernel build fails:

> if_ether.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
> if_ether.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
> if_ether.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
> if_ether.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
> ip_input.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
> ip_input.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
>
> Did I miss a step?  (I sup'd;config;make depend;make)

Yes, the dependencies for libkern don't work at all. You gotta rebuild
libkern (in /sys/libkern) before making your kernel.

You should watch the commit messages if you run -current. libkern was
modified recently.
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #1: Mon Mar  6 23:55:18 MET 1995