Date:      21 Oct 1999 09:53:06 +0300
From:      Ville-Pertti Keinonen <will@iki.fi>
To:        Stephen Roome <steveroo@mothra.bri.hp.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone adding "support" for Athlons.

Stephen Roome <steveroo@mothra.bri.hp.com> writes:

> As the title says, is anyone working on support for Athlons, and when can we
> expect it to arrive back in -stable ?

Athlons don't need any special support, they are fully compatible with
Intel's latest processors.

> (I can't find anything in the latest versions of sys/i386/i386/identcpu.c)

The identification for AMD processors models that can report their
name using cpuid is redundant, even for cpus that are currently listed
there.

I don't know whether this is intentional.  It seems that currently,
the policy of identcpu.c is to prefer the cpuid string, so the patch
in pr i386/14440 should be a no-op.