Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 13:32:43 +0200
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Brian Litzinger <brian@mediacity.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current no longer sees my PCI bus

On Sep 22,  4:08, Brian Litzinger wrote:
} > } The fix that Steve Wallace suggested works on my system too.
} > It's obvious how to fix this for a single system, but I
} > need a solution that works on ALL systems.
}
} how about
}
} option BROKEN_PCI_BUS_CHIP_DETECT_WHICH_UPSETS_STEFAN
}
} I'd be happy to put that in the config for my one old PCI system.

Well, you'd be ...

But how about those who just got an old PCI system
from some flea market and have to install from CDROM
without a choice to build a custom kernel ...

I'll change the structure of the PCI probe code to
first determine whether there appears to be ANY
PCI support at all in the system.

And thereafter, tests will follow to choose either
config mechanism 1 or 2, as appropriate.

(The current code tries to do all in one step.)

I'll send you and all thos ethat reported problems
with the PCI probe at any time before my diffs and
hope they'll work and will then make it into the
next 2.1-SNAP ...

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160