Date:      Sat, 6 May 2006 19:27:42 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@fxq.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Net <net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Interlink Beheer <beheer@il.fontys.nl>
Subject:   nd6_lookup prints bogus messages with point to point devices

--K3Y3NTg/qyuIFs24

Hello FreeBSD network folks,

On one of the FreeBSD machines we maintain at Dispuut Interlink[1], we
get a lot of messages like these:

| nd6_lookup: failed to add route for a neighbor(<ipv6-addr>), errno=3D17

The addresses mentioned in the messages are all addresses of endpoint
addresses of point-to-point devices. The nd6_lookup() call in the
function nd6_output() is responsible for it. If you look through
nd6_output(), you see that a couple of lines below the nd6_lookup() call
it doesn't really care when dealing with IFF_POINTOPOINT devices.

It would be really useful to drop the messages when dealing with point
to point devices, so I write a patch[2] for nd6_lookup() to make it
print the message when not dealing with IFF_POINTOPOINT devices.

Should I open a PR for this patch?

Yours,
--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@fxq.nl>