Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 23:16:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wireless lan solutions

In message <Pine.BSF.4.00.9809220101180.14255-100000@super-g.inch.com> spork writes:
: I got an email from "kento" today, and he still has plenty of the cards in
: stock.  The only drawback is the lack of the hub.  He does have what he
: calls "ISA PCMCIA" cards (?) that work with win95.  I think this means an
: ISA<->PCMCIA adapter/dock.

Cool.  I hate to see that that he still has them, since he's a good
guy and he had hoped to have them be gone by now.  It is good since
others can see them.  I have seen PCMCIA adapter for the ISA bus for
as little as $10 at NECX (in fact, you'll likely have seen commits
that I've made to the probe code).

: I understand there is not a driver for freebsd yet, but if I have two
: laptops running windows and freebsd, and a freebsd box acting as my
: router, this would work, no?  I would just need to put all the adapters on
: a different subnet and add a static route on my ppp/router box I think...

Yes.  That is the plan.  I hope that my driver will interoperate with
the win95 driver.  The FreeBSD <-> FreeBSD setup will work, assuming
that the driver works at all :-).

Warner